We love seeing the amazing creations that our Dietician Andrea whips up each week. This week she has opted for a savoury pasty filled with Pumpkin and Halloumi cheese.. you had me at cheese! *drools slightly*
500 g pumpkin
2 tsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
Olive oil spray
250 g halloumi
1 red onion
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
3 sheets puff pastry
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. On a baking tray lined with paper, place pumpkin cubes. Toss lightly with oil and salt and bake for 30 minutes, until soft and caramelised around the edges. Remove tray from the oven, but keep the oven on.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Spray lightly with oil. Cook halloumi until soft and crispy. Remove from heat.
3. Using a little more spray oil, sauté red onion until caramelised. In a bowl, combine cooked pumpkin, halloumi, onion, pumpkin seeds and parmesan. Stir to combine.
4. Slice puff pastry squares into four smaller squares. Divide mixture into two squares, pull all four corners together and twist. Fold each side in so the filling is enclosed inside the pastry. Brush each pastie with egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crunchy and golden on the outside.
For more amazing recipe ideas that you can try at home, book in with Andrea and get yourself a personalised meal plan.